Terms & Conditions
1. Legal notices and Terms & Conditions of use of ckcsons.com
AND website of C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons Pvt. Ltd. ( referred to as ‘CKC’ in this context ) and Terms & Conditions for
- The Gold Standard 1869 – Rate Protection PlanTM
- List of Stars – Signature Loyalty Rewards Programme
- Gift Voucher Policy
Version Dated: August 3, 2011
These legal notices, terms, conditions, and provisions ("Terms and Conditions") apply to the C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons Official Website – www.ckcsons.com and other owned sites and to all leads generated from all associated websites officially linked to www.ckcsons.com by CKC, its subsidiaries, partners and affiliates, collectively known as “The Site”. The website www.ckcsons.com is owned and operated by C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons.
2. Website Content
All materials, including illustrations, photographs, products, images, artwork, designs, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips and software (collectively, “Content”) appearing on the Site are owned or controlled by CKC and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates and content suppliers and are protected by worldwide design, trademark, trade dress, copyright and other intellectual property laws. The Content of the Site, and the Site as a whole, are intended solely for personal, noncommercial use by the users of the Site. You may not copy Content from the Site, or otherwise modify, obscure or delete any copyright or other propriety notices on the Site. No right, title or interest in any materials or software, if applicable, on the Site is transferred to you from your use of the Site. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Content, the Site, or any related software without the prior written authorization of CKC.
3. The Gold Standard 1869 TM – The Rate Protection Plan TM
- Book Gold, Diamonds. Platinum and Silver rates as you pay your installments.
- Buy at the “GSTD averaged rates” for all above products.
- Facility to switch over to cash benefit and buy at current rates at the time of maturity.
- Pay higher installment amounts when you wish and more....
ELIGIBILITY AND INHERITANCE
Any individual (18 years and above) / Company Sole Proprietorship or Partnership firm. Minors may also be enrolled through his/her guardians/nominees. Persons may also nominate another individual who may utilize the gold/diamond/silver at credit or continue the investment plan or utilize the total quantity accrued at the end of the period. In the event of death of the individual, the nominee shall produce the identification card and all receipts of payments made, before being able to utilize the quantity available in his/her/their account.
DATES OF SUBSEQUENT INSTALLMENTS, PAYMENTS, DEFAULTS & BENEFITS
Your payment date will fall due every month on the same date of starting of your plan. You are however allowed up to 7 calendar days delay in making subsequent payments.
In case you fail to make your payment within 7 calendar days of your due date, the payment will be accepted only as late payment and no rate or additional benefit will accrue to such late payments. Further the additional discount voucher/s or other promotions will not be issued for irregular payments. You are therefore advised to make payments in time, in order to derive benefits. Late payments however, do not attract penalties. Rates are applied at the date and time of your payment and for post dated cheques rates are applied on the 'due date of the payment'.
- "Enrollment amount " ( normally the first installment) should be the minimum amount that is commited to be paid throughout the period.
- Payments cannot be changed to lower than “Enrollment amounts” till maturity.
- Amount per installment may be increased at anytime in subsequent installments.
MODE OF PAYMENT & OBTAINING RECEIPTS
Payment may be made by Cash, Post dated cheques, online, ECS, Demand Draft or Credit/Debit Card. Cheques are also accepted by the Company subject to realization. You may also make part or all installments by post - dated cheques, given to the Company in advance. Cheques and Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “C Krishniah Chetty & Sons Pvt. Ltd.”. You will receive receipts for all payments made at the time of making the payments, either physically or through emails.
Post-dated cheques ensure your payments are not delayed or missed.
On completion of all installments you are free to utilize the quantities at credit in your account and accrued to buy from the entire range of jewellery, silverware and diamond jewellery available except coins and bullion bars at our showrooms during the regular working hours.
You are advised to start shopping at least 30 minutes before closing time. Timings will be strictly followed by the Company. Each of our showrooms may have certain products only.
TOTAL VALUE OF THE TRANSACTION ON MATURITY
Where the value of the item chosen by you exceeds the amount or quantity at your credit then this balance must be paid by you in cash or credit card and rates will be as per C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons normal terms of business.
It is however to be noted that the value of the items chosen by you shall not be less than the amount or quantity at your credit. No cash will be returned. You may however keep the amount in your account and use the same at a future date, if you please. Separate receipts/ credit notes will be issued in such cases. (Coins /bullion bars may not be purchased using your averaged rate benefit under the plan) . The total weight so accumulated needs to be consumed in the transaction on maturity. Extra charges such as labour, wastages, gemstones, taxes etc. (which are normal charges whether or not you participate in this Rate Protection Plan TM ) will need to be paid in addition to the weights accumulated.
In the event you desire to place special custom orders for any particular items you may do so, subject to the possibility of manufacturing of the item and the time consumed for such manufacture and such process. Orders will be billed and delivered only after maturity of the installment under the plan.
Bartering gold/silver/diamonds is possible as per C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons's normal terms of business.
CUSTOM ORDERS - RATES
Custom orders may be placed prior to maturity date in anticipation of maturity values and dates.
Rates for order billed before maturity date will be as per C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons normal order rates and not Gold Standard 1869 rates.
(All other Terms and Conditions as applicable to all orders will apply to Gold Standard 1869 members also)
IMPORTANCE OF IDENTITY CARD AND RECEIPTS
Please note that the amounts at your credit can be availed by the member only on production of your identity card after successful enrollment and all receipts issued to you during the plan period.
You are strongly advised to bring your Identity card and fill the ”Enrollment application form and subsequent installment payment form” every time you make a deposit to ensure that your amount is accurately credited.
In case you send the payment by mail/courier ensure to write your Name and Membership number behind the instruments/cheques/DD’s. Postal & courier delays and holidays will not be the responsibility of C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons. Staple your Cheques/DD's to your covering letters.
EXTENSION OF PLAN
Before the payment of the last instalment, the plan may be extended in multiples of additional three months up to 60 months.
While enrolling, if you select the monthly/ quarterly/ half yearly/ yearly/ one time payment option, even after extension of the plan, you would have to pay as declared on enrollment.
TAXES AND OTHER LEVIES
All taxes and surcharges and levies as at the time of sale (or at the time of delivery/billing in case of orders) will be applicable.
You become eligible to take delivery of an order or purchase jewellery or silverware only on the completion of one calendar month after the date of all payments, i.e. on maturity only
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY:
- Premature withdrawal from the plan or stopping of further installments before completion of the plan will not be entitled for any benefits under the plan. Amounts paid until such date can be offset with purchase of jewellery or order.
- No cash will be refunded in any event.
- You shall give to the company an indemnity that in the event your receipts are LOST, the company shall not be held responsible.
- You are requested to inform the company in writing immediately on the loss of your identity card and or receipts. You are to preserve your receipts separately from your identity cards. A duplicate card will be issued by the company at a cost of Rs.150/- per card.
- C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons can block encashment on written request.
- Your identity may be verified by request to show a photo ID card at any time.
- Reminders may be given by a telephone call or sent by SMS / Emails, where cell no’s/Email addresses are furnished. This is a service and failure to receive such intimation shall not be a reason for delayed payment.
- Plans are subject to change /modification by C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons at any time without prior notice.
- All parameters or charged shall be prospective only.
- Bounced cheques attract ‘bounced cheque charges’.
- Subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Bangalore.
4. LIST OF STARS - LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAMME
- 'The List of Stars™ Loyalty Rewards Programme' aims to reward repeat clients.
- The loyalty membership allows a member to receive points that helps you to save money every year.
- The membership is available to all connoisseurs of jewellery at a one time joining fee of 250 points. Additional members of a family may apply for seperate cards linked to main card. 250 points will be debited automatically per card issued.
- Points are awarded as the members shop for eligible products and merchandise from any of C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons' stores. Some stores may have an independent programme. Points are accrued as the bills are made during the course of purchase of gold, platinum,diamonds, silverware and other products.
- Privileges and benefits are listed separately in ' The List of Stars' brouchers from time to time.
- Four member levels exit viz., Classic, Silver, Gold and Diamond. Each of the higher levels allow enhanced benefits depending on the volume of business done with C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons every year.
- Each member will be issued a personalized smart card within 30 days from the date of enrollment.
- The card will be required at the time of transaction and specially at the time of redemption of points to safeguard against faulty credit/redemption. We may send you SMS / email confirmations time to time.
- All points accrued may be used on the next working day, for the future purchases.
- You may use the card for own purchases or that of your relatives and / or friends.
- Points may not be en-cashed and may be redeemed against new purchases only.
- In the event of any return of jewellery/silverware, CKC will deduct the points originally accrued against the transaction.
- If one item in a transaction of multiple items are returned, the points of the returned item is reversed and not the points of that entire transaction of multiple items are reversed.
- Membership renewal is automatic and is at the discretion of C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons.
- Right of admission is reserved into this programme.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons as the sponsor of this programme is final and binding.
- Prices of all products are uniform for members and non-members under this programme.
- Discount Vouchers issued under this programme are subjected to validity dates of such vouchers and may be used only on satisfying the minimum multiple criteria as stipulated on the vouchers from time to time.
- Discount Vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other promotions current from time to time. No two promotions may be clubbed in one transaction.
- Benefits, terms, operations and criteria are liable to be changed at the discretion of C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons without prior information.
- Subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Bangalore only.
- Loyalty point structure is based on a scientific systematic accrual on the gold weights, platinum weights, diamond weights, silver weights, other gemstone weights and the total value of each transaction.
- This structure is subject to change without prior intimation to our members. Points accrued and used / expired on first come first basis. Each points is valued at Rs.1/
- Members to this programme are automatically upgraded as purchases increase during the year. Membership levels are upgraded, retained or reverted to the next lower level depending on minimum purchase value attained during every 365 day cycle from the date of enrollment (see 'Benefits at a Glance' in our brochure ).
- Every point is valid for a limited period and expires there after automatically. For validity criteria, please see 'Benefits at a Glance'.
- Points are only accrued after the card is issued. 30 days is normal time to issue a card.
- A minimum purchase value must be made every 365 days cycle to retain your current status (See 'Benefits at a Glance' for minimum purchase values). If minimum purchase value is not attained the Membership Level will drop to the previous level every 365 days and points expired based on 365 days of points accrued.
- Membership does not have any expiry date. Membership cards therefore may be maintained by members permanently if active. New cards if required will be issued at 250 points, every time requested. However, points do expire. If a member is inactive without any transaction over 3 years C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons may decide to remove the membership in order to keep operation costs manageable, completely at their discretion.
- Your current point statement will be sent by SMS / emailed to the email address provided in the 'enrollment form' periodically. You may also call +91 80 40001601 or visit any one of our showrooms to check your points balance. Your cell numbers and email address will help in communicating with you.
- Bonus points may be issued from time to time.
- Members may also receive several benefits and privileges from time to time.
- 'My Day' discounts ( as specified in " Benefits at a glance") are available for all members of the Diamond Level on any one day of your choice in each of C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons stores for every 365 days. Each member may choose any one day every 365 days to use this special privilege once in each store of C.Krishniah Chetty & Sons. (Family card holders or main members are allowed only one discount per store).
- 'My Day' Discount Vouchers and any other promotion may not be clubbed in the same transaction.
- Birth day and Anniversary day bonus points are automatically accrued when you shop at any one of C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons stores within 30 day before or after your Birthday or Anniversary day once in every 365 day cycle. Birthday and Anniversary bonuses of the 'main member' and 'each family card member' are eligible separately- once a year for each member, at any one store every per year.
- Bonus points for Anniversary and Birthdays are awarded even if other promotions are used.
- Family Cards may be enrolled for each member of your family at 250 points per card. All family cards are linked to the main card and all purchases of a family are accrued to one account and redemption is possible by any member of the family. If you wish, at any time, to enroll any member of the family as an independent new member you may do so by informing us through a fresh enrollment form. The new enrolled member starts afresh as a new member; old points will not be transferred. Old card membership for that individual will be discontinued in all such cases . Family cards are suggested only for member + spouse + children above 18 year of age. Other relatives are recommended to apply in their independent names.Duplicate membership will be automatically deleted and points and benefits will not be transferred.
- In case of lost cards, please inform us through "Lost Card Intimation Request to Issue New Card " section on the 'Enrollment Form' so that we may block your lost card and transfer points to new card which will be issued to you within 30 days from receiving the request. "Lost Card intimation" section of the enrollment form or just email to us at email@example.com or send us a letter.
B) POINTS, UPGRADES, EXPIRY:
C) 'MY DAY' UNIQUE BENEFITS:
D) BIRTHDAY / ANNIVERSARY BENEFITS:
E) FAMILY/ Add-on CARD:
F) LOST CARD:
Name full address, email, phone numbers, Dates of Birth and Dates of Anniversaries MUST be provoided for enabling benefits.
Benefits at a Glance:
|Benefits at a Glance||CLASSIC||SILVER||GOLD||DIAMOND|
|5% discount on “My Day” (Members may choose a day of your choice once a year)|
|Limo Service – Pick up and drop from your home.|
|Free home-delivery in Bangalore & Metros in India.|
|Dedicated Product Specialists for your Shopping Convenience and Appointments.|
|Tickets for shows/launches/exhibitions.|
|Eligible for benefits from our tie-ups with Partners.|
|Free facilities to our Library Café. (where available)|
|Free discount voucher worth Rs.2000 mailed within 30 days from the date of enrollment||N.A||N.A||N.A|
|Double points for birthdays and anniversaries (30 days before or after date)|
|Special Preview of Jewellery and Special Discounts|
|Complementary Copy of LINKS|
|Complementary points and discounts on special occasions/festivals/events.|
|Redemption of points available on next working day.|
|Upgrade Criteria from previous level - every 365 days cycle for date of last upgrade||NIL||Rs.3,50,000 within 365 days||Rs.7,50,000 within 365 days||Rs.10,00,000 within 365 days|
|Minimum Purchase value to retain in the status (every 365 days cycle for last change)||NIL||Rs.1,15,500 per annum||Rs.2,47,500 per annum||Rs. 3,30,000 per annum|
|Points Validity from card change/accrued||730 days||730 days||730 days||730 days|
Plans are subject to change / modifications by CKC at any time without prior intimation subject to the jurisdiction of courts of Bangalore only.
5. Gift Voucher Policy
- This voucher may be exchanged for jewellery made of plain gold, set with diamonds or with precious gemstones, silverware and platinum jewellery.
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- This voucher may be used as part payment for goods purchased, but no cash will be returned, even if the full value of the voucher is not utilized.
- The value of this voucher may be adjusted against orders placed.
- All rates are as applicable.
- The company is not responsible for lost / defaced cards.
- Validity of the gift voucher is strictly adhered. Extensions are not possible.
6. Online Sales Terms
All prices indicated are in Indian Rupees as per the official exchange rate of the accepting bank on the date the order is placed. Prices and items are subject to change without notice. Infrequently, data may be inaccurately displayed on the Site due to system or other errors. CKC reserves the right to correct any and all errors if and when they do occur. CKC is not responsible for, and will not honour, typographical or calculation errors.
Any extra services provided such as gifting options not included in the price or offered independently on the Site, as specified, or at check-out will be charged extra. Taxes are charged at the current tax rate and the final taxes due may depend on the destination in the shipping instructions and in the check-out page.
All payments shall be in Indian Rupees, US$ or Euros only. Payment details must be given at the time of placing the order online in the form provided. All orders shall be processed only after the payment information has been validated. Payment may be made by credit card only.
If your payment is in US$ or Euros, your international credit card provider or bank will determine the exchange rate and may add an additional processing or administration charge in relation to such payment, which you will be liable to pay. Should there be an occurrence of an error while processing the payment caused due to your Internet connection, server error, issues with the related third party payment site or due to any circumstance beyond CKC’s direct control, CKC shall not be held liable in any manner whatsoever. When completing a credit card transaction, you must use your own credit card
CKC will not be liable for any credit card fraud in relation to any payment made and you shall disclaim CKC of any liability whatsoever. The liability arising from fraudulent use of a credit card will lie with the apparent purchaser and the onus to 'prove otherwise' shall be exclusively on the purchaser.
We as a merchant shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.
CKC uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer data (including credit card information) exchanged with the website server. All other data transfer is conducted through a secure phone line.
Shipping and Delivery
Delivery is currently made only within India. CKC may accept orders from persons residing outside of India subject to legal, regulatory and other restrictions, provided the delivery address is in India and the payment on the credit card is validated. However, International deliveries may be accepted on a case-by-case basis subject to the possibility of shipping to and the export regulations governing such country. Users choosing to access this Site from locations outside India are solely responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
In order to place an order on the Site, it is necessary to specify the address and details of the person who will collect the shipment at the time of purchase. At the time of placing the order, you have to state the full name of the recipient as stated in his / her government approved photo identification and provide the method and details of photo identification intended to be presented by the recipient. At the point of delivery, in order to collect the physical product, the recipient will have to provide any one of the following government approved valid photo identification cards as previously indicated at the time of order placement:
- Ration Card;
- Drivers License;
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) card;
- Voter’s Identification Card; or
In case you want any other person to receive the delivery on your behalf you need to specify details of the same at the time of ordering (as specified above) and delivery to such person under your instructions shall be deemed to be a full and complete delivery and you shall take all responsibility for any such delivery. All items shall be delivered directly to the person as specified at the point of ordering and CKC will be unable to (under any circumstances whatsoever) change the recipient details once the order has been processed.
All shipping charges and other local charges shall be borne by you. Recipients accepting delivery should not accept deliveries where the box or packaging has been tampered with or if the box is empty. The recipients receiving the delivery must open the package and check its contents prior to accepting the delivery and/or signing the delivery receipt. If you find the box tampered with or empty or inconsistent with the order placed as stated in the order form, in addition to not accepting such a delivery the authorized personnel at CKC must be contacted without any delay whatsoever. The relevant contact information has been provided hereinafter.
If the recipient is not available at the time of delivery, the courier/delivery company shall try and deliver the item thrice before returning the same to CKC. All costs of re-shipment and handling in the case of non-delivery shall be chargeable to the user.
Delivery guarantee is subject to terms and conditions of the courier company. Any inconsistencies in name or address will result in non-delivery of the product. In the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you (e.g., wrong name or address, failure to provide specified photo identification) any extra cost incurred by CKC for re-delivery shall be claimed from the person placing the order.
International Delivery and Shipping
International orders are accepted subject to possibility of shipping and the export regulations governing such country. Please make telephonic enquires prior to placing orders. Local dues should be paid by the purchaser as per rules in each country. We are reachable at the contact information as provided herein prior to ordering online and our staff would be happy to assist you. India is 5 ½ hours ahead of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
Delivery shall be deemed complete once the package is delivered to and signed by the designated recipient as stated at the time of the order. Once the delivery slip is signed and the package accepted by the authorized recipient, CKC has completed its service to you and shall not be liable thereafter in any capacity whatsoever.
Time Period for Delivery
The time within which the item purchased is delivered to you may vary based on the availability of the items in the inventory (the availability of stock may be indicated alongside such item on the site while ordering), the location of the delivery and/or the customizing of the items purchased as requested by you.
Should the item be available in CKC’s inventory, delivery can be made within 10 - 15 days anywhere in India. In the case of International Shipping and deliveries, depending on the export procedure for each country, CKC can make the delivery in a time period of 8 weeks (or as confirmed separately) .
For items that require CKC to customize items as specified to CKC, a minimum of 5 weeks and a maximum of 12-15 weeks (or as specified separately) would be required depending on the complexity of the items to be customized. For an export item, an additional 15 days over and above the time to manufacture the item would be required before the item reaches you.
Delivery estimates are indicative/illustrative only and actual delivery times may vary. In the event that your delivery request is time sensitive, you are requested to contact CKC in advance of placing your order. You may receive updated delivery information at any time by contacting us via e-mail or phone as provided in the contact information which is provided hereinafter.
Proof of Order
The submission of the ordering form is a confirmation by you of the selected item/s of jewellery ordered by you and acts as a record of the same.
Special gifting options are available, subject to additional charges, which shall be specified at the time of check-out. Recipient will have to provide a government approved photo identification card (like passport, driving license, election card etc.) to collect the physical product. As it is a mandatory courier regulation, the price of the gift will be mentioned in full or in part on the external cover. Any applicable tax, including any gift tax shall be borne by you.
In the event of any CKC special promotions, schemes and programmes, the specific terms and conditions of such promotions, schemes and programmes as communicated in any documentation relating thereto shall apply in each relevant case. These Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply in all respects to the extent these do not conflict with the terms of such promotions, schemes and programmes.
Conditions for return – 7 Day Money – Back Guarantee
Returns of any item(s) purchased on the Site will be governed by the general CKC return policy. Acceptance of returned items by CKC will be subject to the following conditions and procedures:All items must have the original security tag, label and certificate and must be returned in the same conditions as delivered by CKC.
- Any item returned showing signs of wear or engraved, altered, re-sized (by anyone / entity other than the CKC) or damaged in any other manner shall not be accepted for return or exchanged for other jewellery products available on the Site for an equivalent value or higher only.
- Custom orders (and with engraving, special ring size, etc.) cannot be accepted for return, refund or exchange.
- All shipping and handling expenses involved in the return of the item(s) shall be chargeable to you.
- All requests for return of product have to be placed within seven (7) days from the date of delivery. No return requests after seven (7) days from delivery will be processed.
- Once the return is confirmed at the call centre, CKC will send a packaging cover, which has to be used to return the product. The item has to be packed in front of the courier agent.
- All requests for returns shall be affected so as to reach CKC to be addressed to the address mentioned herein within 7 days (Seven Days) from the date of original receipt, in a specially provided envelope/package that will be sent to you on your intimating CKC of your basis of dissatisfaction with the item(s) via phone/email stated herein.
- After the product has duly reached our office and after the satisfactory inspection of the product for its condition and accuracy, we will refund the applicable amount to your credit card after deducting reasonable processing expenses, as necessary.
All items of jewellery are subject to availability. While CKC endeavours to provide the most accurate, up-to-date materials available, the information, materials, products, pricing, and services available on this site may include inaccuracies, typographical errors, or outdated information. Moreover, CKC may make modifications or changes to the site or the information, materials, products, and services described in this site at any time, for any reason. CKC is not responsible for and need not honour typographical or pricing errors on the site; CKC reserves the right to refuse or cancel orders at any time, including but not limited to orders that contain incorrect prices or product descriptions, orders in which CKC believes the customer has violated applicable law, and orders that CKC believes are harmful to it or its affiliates. You are encouraged to clarify any queries you might have in advance of placing your order. You may contact us via e-mail or phone as provided in the contact information, provided hereinafter.
The Corporate Office,
The Touchstone, No.2 & 2/1,
Main Guard Cross Road,
Bangalore – 560 001
Phone No:(+91) (80) 4000 1869, 25588731
Toll Free No:1800-425-1869
CKC Helpline: +91 9632301000;+91 9972533338
CKC GSTD Helpline (Kannada) :( +91) (080) 40001668
CKC GSTD Helpline (English) :( +91) (080) 4000 1666
CKC List of Stars Helpline: (+91) (080) 40001667
You assume the sole risk of making use or relying on the information, materials, products, and services available on this site. CKC makes no representations about the suitability, completeness, timeliness, reliability, legality in your jurisdiction, or accuracy of the information, materials, products, and services described or contained in this site for any purpose. Except as set forth in any warranty policy statement applicable to products sold on the Site, all information, materials, products, and services are provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ without warranty of any kind, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on the Site are displayed solely for the purposes of promoting CKC's products and services available in India and for shipping within India.
General terms of sale
- Goods once sold are not subject to return. In exceptional circumstances, the return shall be subject to the conditions of return as expressly stated hereinabove.CKC shall be bound by the warranty on the items purchased. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any terms specified on the product warranty, the terms and conditions on the product warranty shall govern the sale.
- Dents, breakages, color changes, or any other consequences of usage will not warrant a free exchange, repairs and/ or replacements.
- CKC manufactures jewellery with care and caution. However, when jewellery is set with gemstones, some gemstones may come loose on rare occasions. If such stones that were supplied by CKC come off their setting, they will be replaced free of cost, if brought to us in original condition without damage and without any tampering.
- CKC manufactures jewellery and silverware in various purity grades which are mentioned on the bill. The purity grade so mentioned will be the lowest purity grade used in the product and the product may actually use higher purity grades in part or whole.
- ‘Melting purities’ mentioned are as would be when the item is melted and the homogeneous sample is tested with a ‘Fire Assay’ test. Other non-destructive tests may display different results. CKC’s non-destructive tests are also available on request. Our in-house X-Ray forensic equipment is available for testing too.
- We do not negotiate prices and all prices are final. Prices include cost of material, labour charges, manufacturing wastages, Gemstones, packaging, delivery, insurance and handling charges for deliveries within India.
- Gold and silver metal rates mentioned on the bill are for reference purposes only and do not include the above charges.
- You are requested to preserve the "Cash Bill" for all future transactions regarding the items contained therein. Under VAT this is the "Tax Invoice". VAT rate is 2% for any purchases delivered in Karnataka. Central Sales Tax (CST) of 2% is applicable for purchases delivered in other states within India. Octroi of 0.01% on Diamond Jewellery & 2% on Gold Jewellery & Silverware will be charged additionally for deliveries in Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra. The term Sales Tax is to be construed as "Value Added Tax".
- CKC Buy back terms may vary from time to time. You are requested to check with our showroom staff at the time you wish to re-sell, exchange or convert your piece into other jewellery.
- Disputes, if any, are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Bangalore.
- The Diamonds sold under this guarantee have been sourced from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict and are in compliance with United Nations resolutions.
- The seller hereby guarantees that these diamonds are conflict-free, based on personal knowledge and written guarantees provided by the sources.
Guarantee For Diamond
This guarantee puts our seal on your trust & faith thus ensuring authentic quality. We guarantee that in all jewellery containing diamonds, the diamonds are natural diamonds of fine grades and fine proportions. They possess a rare intrinsic quality and are hand-picked individually from the best raw materials from the finest mines and sources. This assures you authenticity forever. CKC’s standardized quality for diamonds below 0.23 cts are of quality “IF” (Internally Flawless) to “VVS1” and for color in the range of “D”, “E”, “F” & “G”, cut to fine proportions and are guaranteed internally by CKC strict quality control process.
Diamonds greater than 0.23 cts are individually certified and are available in a color range from “D” to “J” and clarity range from ‘Flawless’ to “SI2” respectively. Such diamonds may be additionally graded/certified by an external third-party laboratory.
All diamonds will conform to CKC’s internal quality standards for quality of raw material, quality of brilliance, fire, scintillation and over-all “Life” in addition to proportions. Proportions of all diamonds must confirm to minimum standards at CKC. We do not use “commercial” or “low grade diamonds”.
Diamond grading reports are detailed documents created after careful examination of each diamond by quality diamond experts. The diamond report number and our identification marks are inscribed on all our diamonds. Hence, we require each diamond grading report to be returned with any diamond that was originally supplied. If the diamond grading report is missing or not returned with the returned product, a handling fee will be levied. The cost of such levy is as follows:
Diamond weight range in Cts.
Handling charges in Rs.
|0.23 – 0.37||2,500/-|
|0.38 – 0.49||3,000/-|
|0.50 – 0.99||4,500/-|
|1.00 – 1.49||5,000/-|
|1.50 – 1.99||6,000/-|
|2.00 – 2.99||9,500/-|
|3.00 – 3.99||12,000/-|
CKC guarantees all diamonds to be natural and untreated in any manner. Only black diamonds sold by CKC are treated. Coloured diamonds are natural and untreated.
Guarantee for Gold and Silverware
CKC guarantees the purity of the gold and silverware as stated in your bill.
Gold jewellery is manufactured in 22 kt and 18 kt purities. The same is indicated along with the product specifications.
Gem stones are natural and may be untreated or treated. It is widely accepted that gemstones other than diamonds will be treated in some manner. CKC ensures that such treatment is permanent or irreversible. When an exceptional gem stone is untreated especially with regard to rubies, emeralds, blue sapphire, an independent certification to its untreated nature will be issued separately. Untreated gems are rare and are sold independently.
Keeping Your Jewellery Beautiful
Should your jewellery/Silverware need repairs we will make the appropriate repairs, subject to the “Terms and Conditions” stated on your bill. Breakages, dents and color changes or any other consequences of usage will not warrant free repairs or replacement.
Long Run Commitment
The Site ordinarily does not offer buy back transactions. Buy back terms at CKC retail showrooms may vary from time to time. You are requested to check with our showroom staff at the time you wish to re-sell, exchange or convert your pieces into other jewellery.
Buying many items and returning some.
CKC does not allow buying many items for comparison with intent to keep the one you like best and return of the others. This leads to locking inventory and we are subject to increasing overheads. Hence we discourage this practice. If you wish to know more about the product please contact us through the contact information provided herein, prior to ordering online and our staff would be happy to help you to make your decision.
Risk of Loss
All items purchased from CKC are made pursuant to a shipment contract; the risk of loss and title for such items passed to you upon delivery of the items by the courier.
C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons, CKC, www.ckcsons.com, our logos, our policies, our Site content, designs, text graphics, pictures, the site design, look and feel, information, data, etc., are together known as “Site Materials” and are proprietary and may be protected by trademarks and other laws in various jurisdictions. Imitating or using the same may infringe these rights. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise.
CKC and or other permitted agents may restrict the use of their site to certain infringes or incorrect users at any time.
Counterfeit Warning. CKC merchandise is available exclusively from the Site as stated herein and CKC retail stores. Buyers should be wary of purported CKC merchandise sold through unauthorized channels. Please beware of counterfeits.
License: These Terms and Conditions provide you with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this site conditioned on your continued compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You may use this site solely for your personal, noncommercial use, and you may download a single copy of the materials from this site only for personal, noncommercial home use, as long as you agree not to remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices from the materials downloaded. Except as expressly provided herein, you may not modify, copy, distribute, broadcast, transmit, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, sell, mirror, frame, deep link, or otherwise use any information or material obtained from or through this site without the prior written permission of the materials owner. As a condition of your use of this site, you warrant to CKC that you will not use this site for any purpose that is unlawful, unauthorized, or inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, and you agree that this license to use the CKC web site will terminate immediately upon your violation of this warranty. CKC reserves the right to terminate your access to this site and its content at any time, with or without notice, at our discretion.
Photography: Some items may appear slightly larger or smaller than actual size due to screen defaults and photography techniques. Other items may be represented at a larger than actual size in order to clearly show details, or smaller than actual size in order to show the entire item.
AddressC. Krishniah Chetty & Sons Pvt. Ltd.
The Corporate Office,
The Touchstone, No.2 & 2/1,
Main Guard Cross Road,
Bangalore – 560 001
Phone No:(+91) (80) 4000 1869, 25588731
Toll Free No:1800-425-1869
CKC Helpline: +91 9632301000;+91 9972533338
CKC GSTD Helpline (Kannada) :( +91) (080) 40001668
CKC GSTD Helpline (English) :( +91) (080) 4000 1666
CKC List of Stars Helpline: (+91) (080) 40001667
Accuracy of Information
The information presented on the Site has been compiled by CKC from internal and external sources. No representation is made or warranty given as to the completeness or accuracy of such information. The Site may contain typographical errors, incomplete or out of date information. CKC reserves the right to make changes to the Content and information on the Site, or to the services described therein, or update such information at any time without notice, but CKC makes no commitment to correct or update this information.
CKC cannot guarantee that the products and selections appearing on the Site will be available, either through the Site or at retail locations all the time. All product descriptions, specifications and colors, are subject to change at any time without notice. The particular technical specifications and settings of your computer and its display could affect the accuracy of its display of the colors of products offered on the Site. The Content of the Site and products, selections and prices (if any) displayed on the Site do not constitute offers to sell and only constitute CKC’s invitations to offer. As a result, CKC takes no responsibility for loss caused to any person based on reliance on any information on the Site and retains the right to amend or retract any Content or invitations to offer on its own terms and in its sole discretion at any time and without notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless CKC, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to any Content you post store or otherwise transmit on or through our Site or your use of inability to use our Site, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim made against CKC and/or its independent contractors, service providers, employees, directors or consultants, arising out of or relating to the Content, your conduct, your violation of these terms & conditions or your violation of the rights of any third party.
Warranty and Liability Disclaimer
The Site and the Content herein is provided by CKC in good faith on an “as is”, “as available” basis and CKC does not guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Site. Further, CKC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Site, the information, the content, materials or products included. Except to the extent as provided by the applicable law, CKC disclaims all responsibility as to the information, Content, materials or products arising from the use of the Site, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise.
Limitation of Liability
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, CKC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS SITE OR USE OF THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
CKC may immediately, without notice, deny your access to the Site if, in CKC’s opinion, you fail to comply with any term or provision of the terms and conditions set forth herein.
If required by law, court order or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise advisable, we may disclose your information.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THIS WEBSITE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE ATLEAST 18YEARS OF AGE. YOU WARRANT THAT YOU WILL USE THIS SITE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY ITEMS ONLINE SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.